Living in Tel Aviv
Situated in Israel's cultural, financial and technological capital, TAU shares Tel Aviv's unshakable spirit of openness and innovation – and boasts a campus life as dynamic and pluralistic as the metropolis itself. Tel Aviv the city and Tel Aviv the university are one and the same – a thriving Mediterranean center of diversity and discovery.
A quick ride away from campus, Tel Aviv is centrally located in Israel, with easy access to visit anywhere in the country.
6997801 Ramat Aviv, Israel
Getting to TAU
Useful Apps to download:
- Gett Taxi
- BIRD (electric scooter rental)
- General information on buses: www.bus.co.il/en; Tel. 1-900-72-1111
- Israel Trains: www.rail.co.il/en; Tel. 03-5774000 or *5770
- Bicycling is a very popular mode of transportation among local residents, with designated bike lanes along major roads. The Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality offers Tel-O-Fun shared bicycle services, which includes a number of bike rental stations located throughout the city.
- Students holding a valid foreign driver's license are able to rent and drive cars in Israel. Many rental companies are located on HaYarkon Street, near Frishman Street. Students may also consider signing up for a car sharing service such as Car to Go with possible discounts for students.
Police & Safety
- Police: 100
- Ambulance (Magen David Adom): 101
- Fire and Rescue: 102
- Electric Company: 103
- Tel-Aviv Municipality: 106
- Ichilov Hospital/Sourasky: 03-6974444
- SuperPharm Pharmacy
- Ramat Aviv Shopping mall, Tel: 0778880080
- Sun-Thurs: 8:00am-Midnight, Fri: 8:00am-4:30pm, Sat: 8:00pm- 12:30am. Please note that it’s a chain, and you can find SuperPharm all around the city.
Students at TAU will have access to all the university’s general and professional libraries. A tour of the libraries will be organized for you during the orientation week. A complete list of on-campus libraries is available at: http://www.tau.ac.il/libraries-eng.html.
- Israel Post: 67 Chaim Levanon St., Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv
*Please note that these are estimated annual living expenses and are subject to change; all estimates in USD.
- Housing costs per year
- Books & Miscellaneous
- Health Insurance
- Included in tuition
- TOTAL Living Costs